Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1st acrylics class

So, I'm taking an acrylics painting class for 10 mondays this winter. This Monday night was the first class.

The class is just through a community outreach program, so the instructor is only so-so. He talks WAY too much and kinda goes off into tangents... he makes us re-arrange furniture in art studio already set up ideally for art classroom needs... and he uses a black bottle, a white jar, and cardboard as a still-life setup for a PAINTING class (is he afraid we can't handle the color?)... but he did give us a whole hour to paint (out of a 2.5hr class).

The following picture is the result of my time in that first class.

I guess if I still like painting after the end of class, in spite of this instructor, I'll sign up for something at Mass Art in the near future...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! -maki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the class. At least the painting contains recognizable objects!

    ReplyDelete